Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Striving to help others

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
At the end of the week, I will be suspending every account I do not know the owner of. To make sure your account remains active, please list the name of your character in Arise in the "humor" section on your profile. After your character name, you can type whatever you want. If you have not done this yet, please go to your profile now.
Gods DJs Radio

Are you missing a plug in?

Google Chrome

Mozilla Firefox

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger; the world of the stingy gets smaller and smaller." - Proverbs 11:24

Proverbs 11

“Now this I say, he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.”
- 2 Corinthians 9:6–7

"It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer."

Albert Einstein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Persist: Comment about Guild Leader Access

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Korke

Korke

Persist: Comment about Guild Leader Access Empty
PostSubject: Persist: Comment about Guild Leader Access   Persist: Comment about Guild Leader Access EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 8:33 pm

Not to say that the Guild Leader of Persist will change. But; to review of the Guild Leader change in Arise. The escape route to maintain an Active Guild Leader role would be to create a separate RoM account for just one character to have the Guild Leader access. The Guild Leader will then appoint only the choice trusted High Ranking Officers of the Persist Guild with the Guild Leader RoM account user name and password information. No other members are to find out about the information. The Guild Leader character will have the Guild Access to make changes. Meanwhile the Guild Leader Player will still play their high level character. So in an absence of the real Guild Leader. The high ranking officers of choice with Guild Persist access can make the required changes in the guild. This is to keep any one personal RoM account from having full access to the Guild Leader roles in Persist in case of the real Persist Guild Leader absence.
Back to top Go down
Oscis

Leader

Persist: Comment about Guild Leader Access Empty
PostSubject: Re: Persist: Comment about Guild Leader Access   Persist: Comment about Guild Leader Access EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 7:24 pm

This is a great idea, but there are still some things to consider. I've kicked a Director and Enforcer from the guild before. Now, if these sorts of members had access to the guild leader account, what could they be motivated to do once kicked from the guild? It's possible to change the leader account info periodically to try to keep this from happening, but this requires a reasonably fast response time between the Director or Enforcer getting kicked, and the account info being changed. After this change, other high ranking members that are still trusted would have to receive the information once again. Now, who has the ability to change the account info? I'm pretty sure you need the email address, which I would have assuming I created this account, but no one else. This means I'd have to change the info whenever I get a chance to, which may means my reaction time could be anywhere between nearly instance, assuming I was online at a the time, and nearly 24 hours if I had to find out about the event later. If I give other people the email address, this opens up another window- multiple people would be able to change the account info at any given time. It's a great idea, but it has about as many holes in it as having a guild tied to just one account does. In the end, members of any guild take a risk when joining. The guild leader could kick them at any time, or he could leave the game altogether. Either of these would result in all that work the member put into the guild being in vain. Thanks for bringing this idea up. Perhaps we can discuss it with more people at some time Smile.
Back to top Go down
https://guildsrom.forumotion.com

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Public :: Questions, Complaints, and Suggestions-
Jump to: